Friday, April 12, 2013

50 Days, 50 Songs to the "Gordon Lightfoot: 50 Years on the Carefree Highway" Concert.

Day 24




I love, love, love this song. What more can I say. It is from what is probably the second Gordon Lightfoot album I ever bought; The Very Best of Gordon Lightfoot.



There are a lot of good songs on that album, but this one has remained the song that has always given me chills. The good kind. You just have to listen to it to understand.



The last time I saw her face

Her eyes were bathed in starlight

And she walked alone

The last time she kissed my cheek

Her lips were like the wilted leaves

Upon the autumn covered hills

Resting on the frozen ground

The seeds of love lie cold and still

Beneath a battered marking stone

It lies forgotten

The Last Time I Saw Her, Gordon Lightfoot



No comments: