I'm wondering how many people across the country played those numbers in a lottery today? How many got married? How many babies were born on this day with its unusual set of numbers. Let's hope it's the first day of a number one year for us all.
While I'm not big on making resolutions for myself, I did decide on a few that I hope I'll be able to keep.
1) Write a lot.
2) Read a lot.
3) Eat less.
4) Stress less.
6) Let everything else take care of itself.
My dogs, on the other hand, came up with quite a few that I know they will have no problem keeping. So here they are, Zeke and Foo Foo's New Year's Resolutions for 2011.
1) Walk every day.
2) Eat as many liver treats as we can every day.
3) Bark enough to drive mom and dad crazy every day.
4) Keep marauding squirrels away from the bird feeders and if we chase away the birds, too, oh well.
5) Unstuff a few more of our toys and find the squeakers.
6) Did we mention walk every day?
7) Bark at every neighbor dog that walks by our house.
8) Steal each other’s rawhide chewies at every opportunity.
9) Beg for treats at every meal.
10) Be sure to get up in the middle of the night to go out, every night.
11) Stare out the window waiting for something to bark at or until we can walk, every day.
12) Wait for summer so we can hang out in the backyard and lie in wait for hapless gophers to wander in.
On this day of 1-1-11, summer seems a very long ways away, but then so did Christmas and New Year's Day, just a few short months ago.
Happy 2011 to all, wherever you may be! Let's hope it's a good one.