Sunday, May 5, 2013

50 Days, 50 Songs to the "Gordon Lightfoot: 50 Years on the Carefree Highway" Concert.

Day 1.


I made it and didn’t miss a day, in spite of just getting back from a four day trip to a writers’ convention in Kansas City, MO. It’s been fun taking a 50 day trip through Gordon Lightfoot land and revisiting many of his songs that are longtime favorites but that I hadn’t listened to in awhile. I’m looking forward to seeing what songs he’ll sing at the concert tomorrow night at Devos Center in Grand Rapids, MI. I hope some of the old favorites I’ve mentioned here. I’m sure one of them will be this cut from the Sundown album, 1973.

Picking up the pieces of my sweet shattered dream

I wonder how the old folks are tonight

Her name was Ann and I’ll be damned if I recall her face

She left me not knowing what to do

Carefree Highway, let me slip away on you

Carefree Highway, Gordon Lightfoot



No comments: